The world does not need another blog; I know that. Writing is by nature egocentric, which might be what draws me to it. What follows is a justification/manifesto:
1. My wife and mom think I’m brilliant. So that’s a readership of two.*
2. I’ve been preaching that teachers should write. But I really think everyone should.
3. I like dry Cheerios and tend to think everything is about me.
4. I will waste no words on even an imaginary reader.
5. There are things I’ve done to help me feel like a writer, which I can share.
6. Entering the blogosphere as a reader only didn’t work for me.
*Thinking about it, I would have to print every post if my mom is going to anything. So maybe cut that readership in half.